Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rain Rain...don't go away....please make sure you come back another day!!!



When the rest of the world is dreading that its raining outside. I absolutely love it!!!!

I remember being a kid and having tons of fun playing in the rain (when and if my parents would allow it). You feel free and excited all at the same time. Jumping on the rain puddles made it that more exciting & I would even sing a little tune. It was fun to splash people with the water like my brothers who didn't enjoy it much. Didn't know that as an adult I was going to love the rain too. Now I love the rain for my garden.

5 Reasons I love rainwater:

-- Helps me with one of my many garden duties
-- Saves on the water bill
-- My garden thrives on the rainwater
-- Rainwater doesn't have all the chlorine, fluoride and other chemicals that tap water has.
-- And can fill up your rain barrels for the next time you need to water the garden

GARDEN DEFINITIONS:
  1. Rainwater: Water that has fallen or been from the rain
  2. Rain Barrel: A barrel used to hold rainwater

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of water. What do you think about self watering gardens? I was doing some research about ways to water your garden while you are on vacation. Let me know your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few articles on self watering gardens. I have never put it to the test though. But it does seem to work for people. If you want I can do a test on my garden first to better help you. Send me the links!!!!

    ReplyDelete