Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's time to plan for a fall garden

L.A.G. Fall Garden
While my garden is still thriving and the season isn't over just yet. In the next few weeks I have to start planning a Fall Garden. I take this time to plan what veggies I want for the fall. I start to calculate how much time I have before the first frost. And which veggies & herbs can survive in the fall months.

I have grown during the fall:
  • Lettuce
  • potatoes
  • spinach
  • garlic
  • onions
  • radishes
  • carrots
There are plenty of other veggies out there that will do well in a Fall Garden. I will be posting my step by step Fall Garden 2012 if you wish to follow. You will get to ask questions on the progress of your garden. As a beginner it will be suggested not to start from seed but from seedlings. Also, if there are veggies that you have in mind let me know so I can try to incorporate it in the garden & we can grow together.

Fall is also the time to start a Fruit Garden. You want to start planning all of your berries. They will need to be planted well before the first frost to be able to grow a good root system so come spring they will be thriving with berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment