Monday, July 23, 2012

Garden Tools for your first garden


  • Garden gloves are important. I have learned that without them its tough to remove the dirt from my finger nails. I have also learn that without my garden gloves my hands get extremely dry and cracked.
  • Hand Trowel is another important tool to have in your garden. This helps me every season in removing weeds and putting in my new veggie & herb.
  • Hand Cultivator helps me dig in the soil just enough to add new seeds.
  • Twine is used for tying the tomato plants. Its also good for creating your own fence for veggies like cucumbers which will grow well when have something to grab on too.
  • Pruning Saw helps me prune back unwanted branches from my fruit trees & rose bushes.
  • Garden Shears have helped me with pruning my tomato plants. Harvesting my veggies and herbs when the time is right.
These are some of the tools that are needed for your first garden. I found that without them it can be twice as hard to keep up with the garden. There are a few more important tools that are needed & I will add them within the next few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment