Monday, July 30, 2012

Did you pick your fall garden spot?


Fall Season Spot

I finally removed all of my onions for this season. Most which I am giving away since lately we have not been cooking as much as we like too. That is actually the best thing to do instead of throwing away all of your crops. Share your excess crops with family, friends, neighbors, & the community if possible. My parents love it too since its organic & they know when it’s time to harvest well before me.


Red & White Onions

So now that I have said my goodbyes to my onions (picture to the left) & hope my family and friends enjoy the healthy harvest. This spot (picture above) will be 1 of my spots for this fall's garden. I have yet to till the soil & amend it with compost. It’s important to amend your soil if you have used the space for other crops. You want to put back nutrients so your new crops thrive as well as your first set of crops. I kept the scallions in the front since they grow all season long. I may move the leeks to this spot as well.

So if you haven't picked a spot yet. Start planning because this is the prime time to plan & start our fall garden.

HOE HOE HOE those crops away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment